Sunday May 20th
Opening Dinner at the David Citadel with Ayub Kara, Deputy Minister of Development for the Negev and Galil at 7 pm.
Monday May 21st
9:00 am- 9:30 am: Key Note Speech with David Friedman "The Best Documented Legal System in the History of the
World: Some Comments on Jewish Law"
9:30 am - 11:00 am: Why are Jews Liberal?
- Leonard Leo "How Freedom of Religion Advanced Economic Prosperity"
- Seth Frantzman "Israel's Democracy Wars"
- Arye Hillman "Expressive Behavior in the Choice of Ideology"
- Zev Golan "Economics and Zionism"
11:15 am - 12:45 pm: Morality and Economics: Is Capitalism a Moral System?
- Sam Peltzman "The Inevitable Growth of Government?"
- Russell Roberts "The Morality of Emergent Order"
- Randy Barnett "The Moral Foundations of Modern Libertarianism"
- Tom Palmer "The Morality of Capitalism"
Lunch Speaker Jonathan Medved: "Startup Nation: Is the party over, or just getting started?"
Excursion in Yaffo Tel Aviv
Dinner in Yaffo at El Hamam with Professor Zvika Eckstein "The Chosen Few: How Education Shaped Jewish History, 70 - 1492"
Tuesday May 22nd
9:00 am- 10:30 am: Jews, Judaism and Democracy
- Carmel Chiswick "Capitalism (and Religious) Freedom: Why Religion Does Better Without Government Support"
- Barry Chiswick "Ordinary Folks, Extraordinary Successes: Why the Jews Flourished in America"
- Yarden Gazit "The Market for Religious Services in a Jewish State"
10:45 am- 12:15 pm: Judaism and Liberal Philosophy
- David Conway "Judaism and Liberalism"
- Steve Grosby "Religion, Economic Liberty and Public Welfare"
- Jonathan Jacobs "Religious Values and the Nexus of Liberal Politics, Civil Society, and the Market"
Lunch Speaker Professor and Knesset Member Aryeh Eldad: "Is there an International Morality?"
Excrusion to the Jerusalem Hills
Wednesday May 23rd
8:30 am- 10:00 am: "Do Corporations Help Maintain Religious Traditions? A debate"
- Donald Siegel "Why Corporations Decide to Do Good?"
- David Waldman "Conscious Capitalism"
Moderator : Ron Kennett
10:15 am- 11:45 am: Israel at a Crossroad
- Daphne Netanyahu "sanctify the Center"
- Corinne Sauer "What Occupy Rothschild Gets Wrong"
- Gabriel Ben-Ami "Why We Should Support School Choice in Israel"
- Doubi Benari "The Israeli Kibbutz From Socialism to Capitalism"
12:00 pm - 13:30 pm: Can the Bible be Reconciled with Capitalism?
- Sam Gregg "Economic Thinking for the Theologically Minded "
- Isaac Lifshitz "Problems of Liberty in Jewish Private Property"
- Robert Sauer "Judaism, Markets and Capitalism"
Excursion to Yemin Moshe
Gala Dinner with Charles Murray, W. H. Brady Scholar at the American Enterprise Institute at the Rockfeller Museum at 7 pm.